Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Roadtrashtravels-Email

My friend Rhonda, is going to start her blogging soon. (right, Rhonda?) She has told me so many interesting stories, like a homeless man, her and her son helped or how she was chasing after a truck with an old sleigh in it, or how she acquired another dog, etc. Most of them filled with humor, and some with frustration and sadness.
I received this email from her, I would like to share, maybe, when her nerves calm down, she will start writing, I hope this helps her get started.

Sorry I haven't written anything, but Monday a guy that my son knew, fell from 2 stories @ the job site.
When I drove him to work this morning, as we were leaving a fire truck came flying past us going into the plant. I told my son before we got to the plant, there is always steam coming from the stacks. He said that there must be something wrong.
Before I could get half way back to the hotel, he called me, said I needed to come back and get him, that a guy had gotten killed!
They closed the plant, news people were every where. The guy that got killed was a xray tech. They xray the pipes to check for cracks. The steam is so strong that it will burst, so they have to constantly xray them. I am talking about the big round pipes about 100 ft. off the ground, you can see for miles before you get to a power plant. Anyway he got in this basket, that hangs from a cable, I guess it broke and dropped him, I am not for sure.
We haven't heard for sure. But this is the 2nd person in two months be killed at this plant. Very dangerous!
Anthony and I are going to site see, look for another house or apt. or camper. Just spend the day out.. I will write but a little bummed out today. Am blessed to get to spend the day together...love Rhonda

No comments: