Friday, April 17, 2009

"Hey You"

It was about six thirty this morning, when I was awoken by the squawking of Nettie the duck, demanding their food. Usually they don't come until the afternoon. This also happened the other morning, but, I was unable to get out of bed at that time. (I've had a spell of Meniere's Disease, symptoms these past couple of days. This episode wasn't as long or bad as others I have had. It's an inner ear problem that makes me feel drunk without the booze, accompanied with nausea. This has been the mildest attack I have had. I finally feel decent this morning!)

I wonder what Lenny "n" Nettie have to do on these early days. Who knows? Maybe an evening of social engagements they can't escape from unnoticed. They weren't here last night. Guess I'll just have to put food out before I go to bed. Six thirty is too early for me, unless I'm going fishing or on a trip!

Duck 3 "Hey you, wake up, we're hungry!", is not something I want to hear through the summer! Bad enough, my Tuffy, wakes me up every morning, he at least lets me sleep till something after seven. Yeah, I know, I'm lazy, but after all these years of working, I feel, I earned that that right.

No comments: