Thursday, April 23, 2009

They Really Come In Threes. Don't they?

It seems when something goes wrong, it comes in threes. First the car rental crap,which by the way, is still on going, they (corporate) are "investigating" the matter.

Then I opened a piece of mail while cleaning around my computer, which was dated back in February. The letter was from my bank stating that my debit card may have been compromised. So, I proceed to check my account, (which I don't do, other than the balance or if I'm looking for a particular item that has gone through). Come to find out, an on line company, which I never used their services, was taking out 19.95 a month, now are you ready for this?, since December!


I called the company, they asked for my account info., which was my email address. When I gave it to her, she was silent, then said, "you don't have an account with us". That is when I exploded, "yes, I know, that's why I'm calling! For someone that doesn't have an account with you, why are you taking money out of my account! I demanded to speak with a supervisor, who, thank goodness, said it would be returned in two business days. Then had to deal with the bank, and get a new debit card. Now for number three.


We went to Wally World to purchase some more plants, for her flower bed. She put them in yesterday. Ninety dollars later, it was blooming with color, from the new plants and fresh soil.

Today, they pressure washed our building. The first thing I asked the young men doing the work, was about our flower beds. (I had placed all the potted ones back into the house). I was assured that the flowers will hosed down, then they will lay plastic over them. Everything will be alright. So, sis and I headed out for the day.

When we got back, the plastic was on the plants and they didn't do our back yard yet. The sun was directly on the plastic, making it a hot bed. They finally came into the yard, about an hour later. By then it became nap time for me. When I woke up, I decided to return the plants back outside.

When I stepped over to look at sis' flower bed, I noticed the tops of the plants, where the plastic touch, were brown! When I called her to come check it out, she said it was the plastic, "they probably put it on the wrong side, and it was too hot for them to leave it on for such a long time".

Poor plants were in shock or are suffering from chemical burn. The owner of the company came by to look at them, his response, "maybe they put the plastic on the wrong side, and or didn't rinse the plastic off first. And with the sun being so hot today...etc", the same thing sis said. (I had hosed off the plants with water, off before he came). He then, proceeded to hose the plants off. Thank goodness he was very nice about it, said he'll check back to see how they do, and would be happy to replace them, if they don't improve. They really come in threes, don't they?
Question Mark

No comments: