Friday, April 24, 2009

A Safe Distance From...

"S.C. fire destroys nearly 70 homes in Myrtle Beach area
Story Highlights
Wildfire destroys thousands of acres in Horry County, South Carolina
Nearly 2,500 people ordered to evacuate; no injuries have been reported
Governor declares state of emergency in coastal South Carolina county
Area is home to popular tourist spots, including Myrtle Beach".

Yes, I live here in Myrtle Beach, yes, I can see the smoke in the distance, and no, I'm not near the fires. Nor am I the type that rushes to see a disaster. I stay away, but that's just me. However, my sister works across the street from the "Grand Dunes", in "The Dunes". Hope she doesn't get choked up from the smoke. She will tell me about it when she gets home from work.
Hope they stump it completely out today, it's still not contained.
My heart goes out to anyone that has lost their home with all their possessions. That has to be too hard to handle. Thank goodness, no one has died from this! That is the only saving grace of this tragedy.

No comments: