Thursday, January 15, 2009

Dance-walking

I hate to exercise! Never did, and still don't! I also hate that expression, "No pain, no gain". I'm not sure which fool came up with that one. Must have been someone with a sadistic personality. How that worked into the gyms and exercise rooms, I will never know.

After going to the doctor's office back in the end of December, my cholesterol check up, was good news to me. Dropped down seventy five points! Boy was I happy about that. But, and there's always a "Butt", oops, "but", my doc wasn't happy with that.

Her solution, double up on the Zocor, my solutions, change diet and kill myself exercising! Well, I had a choice, double the meds, take a chance on it doing damage to my liver, or moaning and groaning while I force myself to drive to the gym and dance on the treadmill.

Oh, is that all? Yes!, and here it comes, the "but", I have to hold on due to my equilibrium being off balance. So, how am I going to make this work for me?
I down loaded a bunch of Disc music, (onto my mp3 player) hold on for dear life, and walk-dance.

Can you picture this? I look like a cross between, Ray Charles (swaying as he's playing piano) and Elaine, (on the Seinfeld show) as she attempts to dance. She looks like she's having seizures. Along with sweat pouring down my face.

Today was the second time I went back for this torturous routine, since November. I'm so sore. I did manage to do 1.45miles in thirty minutes. Not only will I act the fool three times a week, "but" I have to give up all the good foods. You know, fried chicken (yum), red meats, diary products.

You guessed it, veggies and grains, here comes the "methane gas" folks, watch out! Guess my taxes are going to get higher!

Treadmill

No comments: