Friday, March 20, 2009

What Is That Flapping?

My sister called me from work today to tell me about the Iguana and a "Funny thing happened to her on her way to work this morning." She works at a golf course, as she neared her place of employment, she heard a "flapping" sound from her tires. "Oh no, can't be my tires, I just replaced them", she's saying to herself. As she pulled up to the guard shack, when he steps out to greet her, she asked the guard, "Can you see anything around my tires? I keep hearing a flapping sound". He steps back and looks, "No, wait, I think you ran over something", he's saying as he bends down to pull out this dirty towel that somehow got caught under the car. "Can you throw it away for me?", she asks. Acting like she had no idea where it came from.

As she pulls away, she's laughing hysterically, that towel was on our garage floor to check for oil spills after having her car fixed for a leak. It has been there for about a month.
Shy Whistler

lol..reminds me of my friend Sandra. Which I now call her, "The Blue flame. We were planning a night out to party, and had to drive 45 mins to the next town. I was to meet her half way. I waited and waited, (this was before cell phones) when she got there she was laughing ,crying at the same time.
She lives way out in the country..on a stretch almost to the Tennessee line. (She also has night blindness) On her way, she saw a truck with it's headlights blinding her..she made sure she didn't hit the truck, but as she went on down the road..she noticed that all the other cars behind her were way back.
She wondered why, because this road is the only road from Tenn. to Alabama, and on a Saturday night..for about 15 miles this went on..when she got to where she could see, she had ran over one of those rolls of blue plastic..huge roll..it was hung under her car ..flapping about 30 feet behind..all the cars were scared to pass her..she was afraid to pull over as it is dangerous on that high-way..so when she got to a service station she pulled off, as she did a car ran over the plastic, and it detached from her car. A guy ran out ask her if she wanted it..she said, "its not mine", no one but her could drive 25 mile with a blue flame flapping from her car..
Rhonda..Travlbug
Blushy Girl

No comments: