Saturday, March 28, 2009

Time To Plant

My mouth has been watering for some home grown tomatoes, while my mind has been toying with planting some veggies, ever since I saw the advertisement for the "Topsy Turvy Upside-Down Planter".

"Should I? Maybe?" Battling between "yes, I should", and the "I better wait" in my mind. The "yes" won out. We plan on moving, but not until June or July. So, that gives me enough time to get some fresh veggies, right? Right!




Here are my picks, two tomato plants, one squash plant, one "burpless" cucumbers plant, basil and oregano (the herbs were requested by sis). Now I have to find where I have hidden my "green thumbs".

2 comments:

Barry said...

"Topsy Turvy Upside-Down Planter"? Sounds interesting. How does that work?

rainey said...

This has been recently advertized on TV. You can hang the planter anywhere, the plant itself is put in upside down, then you fill it with the soil and then a lid goes on top. In your search program, just put in the words "topsy turvy planters". Very interesting new way to plant without a garden, tomatoes, cucumbers, strawberries.