Monday, March 23, 2009

My Friend Pat-Part 2

Pat had some great parents, that lived in Gaffney SC. (Sorry to say, they have passed away some years ago) The first time she went to visit them, after we became friends, she brought back some home made buttermilk and butter. That buttermilk was the best I have ever tasted, and from then on I used to ask for some when I knew she was going home.

The one thing that stands out in my mind about Pat, was the night I partied too much and went home with someone I didn't know to Statesville NC. I was there for two days, when I was looking out the window and see this line of about five people, Pat leading the way! I couldn't believe it! My friend, was worried about me, and found me! She would have made a great detective. LOL. She truly was a friend. It had been many, many years since I have seen her, then one day, I got her phone number and left a message, " It's me, Pat. You know I'm getting older and would love to keep in touch with you", something like that. Yes, we renewed our friendship. As a matter of fact, I got to see her, she came to Myrtle Beach. We also talk on the phone, often.

If I haven't said it before, let me say it now, "Welcome back into my life, my friend".

No comments: