Monday, March 23, 2009

Response To, My Friend Rhonda

Hi ya Lorraine, you also were a blessing to me, friendship wise, as well as always listing to my problems. Yet we were always positive and laughing. Ditto on finding a true friend forever.
We had too much fun at Winter Park, especially with my neighbor, across from me!!! And your next door neighbor! I am not at all sure I can describe our neighbors,that will be a whole chapter of blogging!!
I can hear you laughing Lorraine, as well as laughing all day at the thought of the neighbors. In all, it was a good place,and cheap.
As for getting to know Lorraine, she never in her writings mentioned that she is an artist, also crafty in sewing and cross stitch. I have two beautiful oil paintings done by her, an ocean scene, which I love as dearly as I love the ocean. A portrait of my dachshund Prissy, that I am sure to treasure more as Prissy is now 14 1/2 yrs old .
Lorraine also helped with a friend there who had his children, on his own. She was very good with them, I know that he will never, ever forget that, nor will those children forget how much time she spent with them.
When I hear how everyone now says, "oh go out, help your neighbor",we have been doing that for a long time.
Being unemployed now for the first time in my life, I find it very scary that I might not be able to have the means to help as much as I did before. People like Loraine and myself thrive on daily life helping others. I once heard the statement, "Now the weak, must take of the less weaker", never thought I would actually be in that time, seeing and living it! Friends to the end love, Rhonda
P.S. To those of you that are lucky to have met Loraine though her blog or in person, when you see her type," Just Me" ,you now know more about what a caring friend she really is.---

4 comments:

rainey said...

Aw shucks Rhonda, you're making me blush.
Yes, we will have to write about our neighbors for sure. You got the laughing part right!

Anonymous said...

Hi Rhoda, Thanks for the great note on my sister "Lorraine", You didjn't tell me anything I didnt know about her, but it is nice to hear other people say them. I just worry about her sometimes when we arent close, Like I worried about her in Alabama because she just gets so involved in other peoples lives. She is always there to help someone. But when I met you and James, I wasn't (tooooooo) worried about her living there.
I wish you the best in anything you do, and hope you will come see us one day.
Again, thanks for the sweet comments, friendship, protection and the love you have given my sister. She is all I have, and I love her.

rainey said...

That's my sis!

Travlbug said...

We both were blessed to have each other to look out for at that time. I wouldn't have missed the dance..