Saturday, July 11, 2009

Moving Frustrations-2

Sometimes when we are pushed into a frustrating situation, logic goes out the door. It tends to make us think irrationally, instead of a calm calculating manner. It's like a dog chasing it's tail, until the dog realizes it's getting no where, some dogs do, and some don't.

OK, now I needed to get service for Internet and phone, set up in Florida. This was going to be a one, two, three step program. Yeah, right!

I get on the Internet, try to locate the local phone company in the area we are moving to. Too many choices, like too many cloths in a closet. Which company to pick? Which one works in which area? Which one offers the best start up deal? Which one has a location close to you?

Finally find a site, "Moving Utilities" which allows me to enter my new zip code to find out which one offers the best deal. Not only that, but you can chat with a live operator for help. Wow, this is great.

I found Vonage was the one with the cheapest way to go. "Could I get a conformation to print out? I will need that as proof that I'm moving out of town, so I don't get charged for early disconnect here in SC. I will need that no later than Monday."
"It takes one to three business days to get approved, then we will email you the conformation."
Hmm, lets see, It's Tuesday, that should be enough time. "I'll take the Vonage start up Internet and local phone service."
"Just fill out the form on the next page and I will be here if you need assistance."
"Thank you, I'll be right back." I fill out the forms, one page at a time, asking questions along the way. She was very helpful, and explained that once you apply you can come back and check the status on your order by logging in.

So, after I'm done, I proceed to the Vonage site. While reading it, I noticed it had Vonage through Verizon. My mind starts working, if this is true, there is a Verizon store not far from me here, I can have them pull up my order and get a conformation printout. I will call them in the morning. With that in mind, I'm thinking, all is in line.

The next morning I call Verizon here, "Is Vonage phone and cable service through Verizon?" I ask the man that answered. "No, it's not." "OK, thank you." Now I'm thinking maybe I misread the whole thing. After getting off the phone, I proceed on line to their site. That alone was enough to make me turn to my on line games. You have to register, and fill out forms again.


On Thursday, I recieve my notice of acceptance in an email, and low and behold, my service provider is...Verizon! At this point, I really don't care who it's through as long as I get my proof!

In order to get the conformation of service I had to log back into the "Moving Utilities" site, which I did, and everything was in order. BUT, no matter what I did or tried to do, I could not print it out! I even ran a printing test to make sure all was in order with my system. No problems here. So, I call their 1-800 number, but couldn't get through to a person!

I get back on line, and try the "live Chat", where I get this person, Samantha, who must be eating her lunch or something because it took forever for her to answer me. At one point I asked if she was the only one there because she's not responding to my questions.


"Oh god, this person hates her job, it must be, because she's not doing it very well!" So, I ask if she can send me what I needed directly to my email without me having to log onto this site, I should be able to print it out. No, I have to go through the site, "check your settings to make sure everything is working correctly." Dah, I have done that, I'm not an total idiot. "Excuse me, but there is nothing wrong with my computer or printer, I have checked and double checked, yours is an unprintable page!" Her response,(after another five minute wait) "there's nothing I can do about that", is there anything else I can help you with?" (Yes, you can shove your site and your attitude up your ass!) "No, I will try something else." (This was after she wouldn't put a surperviser on with me, and informed me that if I called the company service request line direct, I wouldn't get the same deal.)


I tried to cut and paste, copy and paste the info. into a different file on my computer, but nothing I did worked! OK, OK, don't panic, I'll call Verizon through the service number that's with my conformation. When I get them on the phone, I had to give my new phone number assigned to me, then I proceed to let her know what my problem was.

No comments: