Monday, February 23, 2009

Ramada, Ft. Lauderdale, Show 'n' Tell-1

The Ramada in Ft. Lauderdale, has a very scenic pool area. The poolside room, with the patio, was enjoyable to us. Some things I didn't like about the hotel, was the coffee situation. True, there was a coffee maker in the room, but it's not the same as coming out of a restaurant. I remember when you could get up at 6 AM, and get a fresh cup of coffee. (Not here, you have to wait until 7 AM, not sooner! Now, the Ramada, in Orlando, you could go to the dinning area, and they would gladly give you a fresh cup of coffee).

The other thing, I went to get four cups of coffee, along with cream and sugar. I asked the cashier if she had a tray for me to carry them back to my room, that I would bring it right back. "no, no trays".

This became a juggling act for me. I put the change of the twenty in another cup, put the cup with the coffee on top of that, then took sugar packets, put them into an empty cup, and the creamers, on top of those, and walked back to our room. When we went for breakfast, guess what I saw? A little brown round object, that one uses to carry things one, yes, that's right, a "tray". I felt like asking her, "what do you call this?" but I knew I would really get a crappy attitude along with the question, so I let it be. I may be growing in my old age. lol. Now, on with the "Show and Tell".

No comments: