Tuesday, February 24, 2009

It's not a blonde thing-1

Yesterday I noticed some liquid, on the ground, by my rear tire. At first I thought a dog must of peed on my car, and thinking "wow, that's a lot of urine for a dog". The closer I came to inspect it, the more curious I got. "Is that leaking from my car?, I think it is!" I went back into the house and got a paper towel to dip into the liquid. "Nope, not pee, it's sticky, yellowish in color, with a cloudiness that has some rainbow colors, you know, like in oil, in the middle of the puddle", am thinking to myself.
I came back into the house and told my sister, "something is leaking from my car". "Where?", she asks, and I tell her. She goes out to look, "it could be break fluid", she says.
"Well, let me call Buck, maybe he can come over and tell us what it is", I called back to her. So, I get on the phone, Buck is sick, doesn't want to leave his house. (I can understand that, my sister has been sick since we got back this past Tuesday). I tell his wife, Loretta, "maybe tomorrow if he feels better, I don't want him to fix it, just tell me what it is, OK?"

I called her this morning, she wasn't that friendly so I didn't mention it to her, just told her I would talk with her later.
Now, my sister asks me, "is Buck coming over today?", so I explain the conversation to her, "no, don't think so". She proceeds to search for a card of a guy that fixed something on her car, at a very reasonable price. Then I get the idea to call our friends, Sandra and David. He knows a lot about cars. I call, he's on the other phone ordering supplies for his business, (he's an electrician) and Sandra will have him call me back.
When he does call back, I tell him about the liquid, "is it in back of the tire?, he asks. "Well, no" I'm saying as I go back outside. He then tells me to go to the rare of the car, look and check to see. I'm explaining it to him as best as I can. "I don't know where it's coming from, there's a metal thing that's wet, that's all I can see and that's on the side of the tire, near the front of it", I respond. "What kind of metal thing?, he asks. "I don't know, I barley know how to drive and keep it running", I tell him. Then he tells me to get into the car and step on the brake, at the same time, my sister is on the phone with that guy (she finally found his number) and he's telling her the same thing, about stepping on the brake. "It feel tight, I tell David, he then tells me to start the car, then step on the brake. "How far is the brake peddle from the floor? he asks. "Oh, about the same distance as usual, I don't know!". The he says, "try driving it around the block", "no", I respond, "if it's brake fluid I'm not driving it" I tell him. "well, I don't know what to tell you, what do you want me to do, come over there?", he asked. "It's not like you're in North Carolina, hell yes, come over and look at it", is my response to him. (Let me say here, we are friends, and talk to each other that way and they were down for the week from North Carolina. Sandra is the one that went on that vacation trip with us. She is our verbally adopted sister.)
I tell my sister that Sandra and David are coming over, she tells me that guy will be here tomorrow, then I explain it is better to get a second opinion, so we'll know what has to be done. "He's an honest guy, she tells me. That wasn't the point, another opinion is good.

No comments: