Tuesday, February 24, 2009

It's not a blonde thing-2

David and Sandra drive up about fifteen minutes later. They have their babies with them, Sassy and Diesel. I asked David if he was going to look under the car. "No, I'm going to look in the hood", I went inside, when I come out again, he says, the liquid smells like candy, then sticks his finger under my nose, but gets it on my nose. "Candy?, my car can't be spilling candy". "It doesn't look like any brake fluid I've seen", he says. I go back in the house to get him a paper towel to wipe his hand. Then, I take Diesel's leash and suggest to Sandra, we take them for a walk while he's checking the car. When we come back, David is yelling at me, "hey Lucille, I found your leak" (my name is Lorraine) and then I look at my sister, who's standing there, arms crossed, head kind of bowed, shaking, giving me this strange look, like I just robbed a bank. There in Davids hands is this plastic bottle of, "Heavy Duty oil stabilizer", that I had put in the back of my back seat, last time I cleaned my car and forgot about it. It's a convertible and the black plastic lining, behind the seat had that goo on it. I was afraid to look in the trunk, but when I did, I was glad to see there wasn't any in there. It had gone through a small hole down through the car! It had been in there since the Feb. 9th. The cap was on it, you know the kind that looks like a mini cone? Guess, those don't do a good job if the bottle isn't standing up. Am sure glad David came over to check, rather than that other guy driving all the way, just to laugh at us. Sounds like a "blonde thing", doesn't it? It's not. My sister keeps looking at me and laughing, she's the blonde. I'm just me.
Blushy 2

No comments: