Friday, June 26, 2009

Moving Is A Headache

Moving headache! Ouch!! Yes, it's that time again. This time, it's across states. Yep, Florida, here we come. "Out of the frying pan, into the fire."

It wouldn't be too bad, if I was moving alone. My stuff can fit into a twelve foot truck. Not my sisters. The condo is loaded.

I used to look forward to moving into a new "adventure", not any more.

My sister has always wanted to move to Florida and after fifteen years of living in Myrtle Beach, she's finally grabbing the bit, and doing it. Trying to find an affordable truck, driver, truck packers, getting the nerve to give a two week notice at work, and calling the landlady to give a thirty day notice and picking a definite date, has been a headache for her.

I'm happy to say, most of it is done.

She did go down to Florida to find a place, she was really torn between two units, but took the one with the least rent, and needs some "fixing". This is going to be a two step process for me, I still have to look for a place to live, which means, packing our stuff separately. Then having my stuff in piled up in my room until that day, and getting a truck to move it all. YUK, and double yuk. When I was younger, this was no big deal, but oh my, I'm just too old for this!! However, now that the time is near, I'm ready to get this done and over with! Yes, It's a headache! Hopefully this will be my last move.

No comments: