Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Rest in peace, Harry


I recently found out a friend of mine, named Harry, passed away a month ago. It had been at least two to three years since I talked with him.
From what I heard, he had brain cancer and wasn't a very pleasant person at that time. He couldn't help that.
From my point of view, Harry was a gentle person, with very low self esteem.
We tried dating,(several times)but he just couldn't get out of the habit of knocking himself down, verbally. He was just a very unhappy person. Lonely and unhappy.
The last time I saw him, I told him we could be friends. He wanted more from me, but I had my own mental challenges to deal with.
We had so many things in common, except for the whining. (The good doesn't always out weigh the bad. Guess it depends on how much a person is willing to over look and live with.)
I have to say, he was very talented when it came to carving wood, and made some beautiful things. He also liked to go fishing (lord help us if he lost a fish) and when he smiled, he looked like a little boy.
I moved to Huntsville Al, and also called him from there, but he just couldn't change.
(I'm ashamed to say, I didn't call him when I moved back, I didn't want to give him any false hopes.)
I don't believe in the after life, or ghosts...not really, but one never knows for sure. I don't know of anyone that came back to tell us any different. So, just in case, I'm wrong on that score, I want to say, "Harry, rest in peace."
Now that he's buried next to his wife, maybe, just maybe, he will be in peace. And "IF" there is a journey, I hope his is filled with happiness and peace. "Take care, my friend, god be with you, I will think of you often and try to remember only the good times we had."

No comments: