Thursday, May 28, 2009

And Justice Is Served!

A while ago, I wrote about the problem my sister was having with, "U-Save Car Rentals". They charged her bank account for damage (she did not do!) to the car she rented. After communication with the corporate office, she was having a hard time getting any satisfaction.
Armed with her proof she went to an attorney, who, in turn, sent them a letter.
My sister received a copy of that letter, which was extremely impressive! It was more like what would happen should they have to go to court. " Exhibit A, B, C, etc." Guess they thought my sister would just go away and let them keep her money. You have to stand up for your rights and fight with words and action.
Then my sister received an email from corporate, stating, "Subrogation Management Team is pleased to inform you we have closed this claim as a gesture of good will. We apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced." Sounds like she was getting her money back, right? When she called them to ask, "Does this mean I'm getting my money back?" The voice on the other end replies, "no, they just closed the case here and you'll have to deal with it there".
That didn't sound right, and she didn't drop the matter either!
After sending them an irate email, she still didn't get the courtesy of a reply, but this morning, her money was returned to her account by them! Yes, justice was served and how sweet it was!
This is one company my sister will never do business with again.

No comments: